We have had a request to highlight our best resources and ideas for the individual investor. We are happy to oblige, including some reader nominations.
Did we miss one of your favorite articles? Please let us know.
We have a report package available to potential investors. Just send us an email with a request. Each report describes an element of our investment approach.
- Great Stocks Overview with FAQs: Our Great Stocks program, which has beaten the S&P 500 by a nice margin over eleven years.
- The Enhanced Yield Program: Based on Jeff's hugely popular Quest for Yield series, this report details one of our newest programs. We start by selecting strong dividend stocks and selling calls against them, using our expert market timing data to put you on the right side of the big market moves.
- Mid-Year Tune Up: You're already halfway through 2012 - it's time to look at your portfolio and seriously think about your recent performance. Are you overdue for a change in tactics?
- Using the TCA-ETF System: This report describes what our TCA-ETF models are and how we apply it to your long-term investing goals.
- Understanding Risk: Investors are constantly bombarded with doom and gloom predictions from mainstream financial media sources, but how often are the pundits actually correct? Ask yourself: What is your risk tolerance?
Interview with Charles Kirk
Charles Kirk asked some good questions in this interview for his popular and helpful site, The Kirk Report. Readers wanting to know more about Jeff will get a lot of information about his background, ideas, and methods.
Check out the following articles that mention Jeff:
- The Wall Street Journal: Ten Financial Bloggers Who Should Write Books by James Altucher.
- CNN Money quotes Jeff in Fed Officials in Debate Over Bond Buys by Colin Barr.
Here are some articles with an emphasis on the problems of the individual investor. If you did everything we suggest in these articles, you would make a lot of money -- since you would be following most of our rules. Beware! It is not easy.
- The Two Biggest Mistakes of the Individual Investor
- Getting fooled by smooth-talking "experts -- some examples.
- How to read and interpret market experts.
- The danger of analyst recommendations.
- A method for screening sources.
- Understanding the psychology of risk and reward.
- The Three Amigos -- a personal favorite about finding good sources.
- Why individual investors get such poor returns (when compared to the market averages).
- Avoiding doom-and-gloom forecasts from non economists -- the 2006 recession predictions.
- Discovering when others are too negative.
- Seeing relationships in data.
Please write us with suggestions about how we can improve this page.